- type of presentation (oral or poster)
- abstracts should be submitted as a PDF file
- Furthermore, the abstract should consist of approximately 2000 characters without spaces or 300 words.
Call for Proposals for parallel sessions & Poster Presentation
The Scientific Committee is seeking proposals for either an oral presentation, a poster presentation or a workshop session from individuals, European Research Projects and other groups.
On behalf of the Scientific Committee, we invite you to prepare and submit a proposal for either
- an oral presentation during the parallel session: Parallel sessions are allocated 90 minutes, with 3 speakers (20 minute per talk and 10 minutes discussion), or
- a workshop session: Presentation of a short well-prepared talk, leaving the rest of the session for discussion, or
- a poster Presentation: Presentation of your scientific results.
Proposals addressing issues related to
- Relevant research topics and methods of disaster research
- Innovative technologies to support disaster relief
- Logistical requirements for disaster relief
- Safety of nurses in crisis areas
- Relevance of cultural features in disaster response
- Humanitarian consequences of crises, e.g. the refugee catastrophe in Syria and Africa
… will be most welcome!
Proposals should include the following information:
- Content (title, proposed speakers)
- Lead, coordinator and their contact details (e-mail)
Completed proposals must be submitted by latest 15th July 2018.
The Scientific Committee will assess all proposals taking into account the art and science of Disaster Nursing and research and the range and balance of topics. Feedback from evaluations completed by delegates of previous congresses will be taken into consideration when planning sessions.
Prof. Dr. Stefan Görres